VIVA understands that upholding HIPAA privacy standards is absolutely critical to healthcare providers. To that end, every effort is taken to ensure the confidentiality of every document we transcribe.
At VIVA, we’ve adopted the following practices to ensure that we are meeting the highest standards of patient confidentiality and information security:
- VIVA medical transcriptionists have signed confidentiality agreements.
- VIVA transcriptionists are assigned unique usernames and passwords, enabling us to know which transcriptionists have worked on every document.
- We never send transcripts via email- this is not a HIPAA-compliant method of transmitting medical records.
- We require that the transmission of all voice and text files be encrypted and password-protected.
- Both our web application and our desktop products use up to 256-bit encryption.